Friday, May 17, 2013

Ya Won't Get Any Realer Than This!

My daughter's views of Michaela Farm April 27, 2013

Mommy


I just LOVE my 6 year old's photography skills. 

This is about as real a photo as you will see of me. 

She pointed out (while laughing hysterically) that I look - 

1. like the Grinch

2. as though I peed my pants

 and let's not forget 
3. like I am smuggling rolls of Michaela Farm Hamburger under my sweater...... 

I need to tell my side of the story now....

1. I had that MOMMY look that tells a child "If you get one step closer to this pool of sludge I am going to change the meaning of your existence!"

2. I have no idea why this shadow was there, I made very sure to NOT wet my pants while visiting Michaela Farms that day....

3. I was most assuredly NOT smuggling meat packages from Michaela Farm. 
    And, although I am not as fit as I was 20 years ago, I do not have huge rolls of fat hanging off the front of my torso. I am an experienced day tripper/hiker and I always dress in layers. My fleece and two t-shirts were all in a bunch under my hoodie. So THERE!


Happy Cows


Thomas O'Malley


ME!


Goose on a Growing Pod


On The Trail


What Most of the Trail Looks Like to Me


This last photo is why I am making this post.

From a different perspective you could tell this was a very old system of locks and dams that controlled the water collection system there at Michaela Farm long long ago. 

It was all quite interesting and sparked thoughts about what kind of farming went on there throughout the years. 

Often times we want our loved ones to experience what we do and love it like we do.

We have to remember that everyone is different.

Some of us are not tall.

So we may not be seeing the same things.

Some of us may not be as grown and/or as strong. 

So we may not be able to do long treks.

Some of us just do not understand what we are seeing.

And so we may not CARE what we are seeing. 

Keep this in mind when you are planning outings with others. 

It is fine to share our differences, that is how we encourage each other to grow in new ways.

But also keep in mind each other's limitations - in all ways.

I think this below is my favorite photo of the entire day spent in Oldenburg.




Enjoy your life, enjoy your love!






No comments:

Post a Comment