Tuesday, May 6, 2014

REALISM

One of the things you always hear me talk about is: 

TRUTH. REALISM. HARD COLD FACTS.

Well, the hard cold fact is this year I am behind. 

Blame it on the late lasting winter, blame it on lack of time, blame it on Game of Thrones streaming on Megashare for a time......

But mostly, blame it on me just not getting things done for whatever reasons.

This is where I have my most deepest love affair with plants and gardening/farming.

Most things work out by the time you need them to if you know how to work with the circumstances you are in. 

My circumstances are as such: 

I have little time.

I have too many commitments.

I want to grow grow grow more than just about anything.

I have little extra cash.

I have great creativity and a bit of know how.

I am not particularly concerned with how "pretty" things look. 

I know that gardening creates its own world to live in.

I have a clean slate as far as where the Squirrely Acres Balcony Farm is located.

I have many containers...and they need lots of cleaning.

I have many people that welcome all my Squirrely Acres endeavors. 

My downstairs neighbor does not mind a bit of dirt sifting down through the balcony decking boards as long as I come down and clean up the mess.

With all this said, I wanted to post some photos of what things look like here this morning and then get on with the work of ....well, WORK!
Dirty containers waiting for attention.




FINALLY! One decorative element at the Balcony Farm - a pretty little butterfly wind chime from Easter.

Some interesting angles, corners, and high places with which to work.

 Much needed green space for the Lil Squirrel to run and play, have tea parties, and read to stuffed animals and tired Mommies under shady trees.

 Downstairs neighbor wants to see if I can make (and if landlord will allow) a small attractive garden space under their kitchen window.
 Bird feeders, toad houses, and opportunities to place more wildlife attractants (such as moth houses, humming bird feeder or whatever we can dream up that landlord will allow.)

A wonderful year round fun spot in the yard. Watched Fireworks last 4th of July, chased fire flies, rolled down grass all summer and fall to get stains and itches all over, sledding and snow angels during the winter and pitter pattering raindrops to watch among the needles of the trees all spring.


Ever the procrastinator I will be starting my potato slips in just a day or two. 

Here is a good little clip to watch on how to do that:



Go outside today, have fun, and stay Squirrely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment